Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Project 1 Basic Elements- Dots on a white background

My name is Michael Andes and I have been a graphic designer for over 10 years now. I started school when I was 28 and that was for Web Design. I began working in that field while still attending school and quickly realized that, while it was a valuable skill to know, it didn't satisfy my creativity the way that visual design does. I have been working at the company I am currently at for about 8 years. It is a text message marketing company based in Milford. My job is predominitely to design the visuals for our clients to get customers to opt into their SMS lists. I also update our website and create promotional materials to get new merchants, as well as educational materials to train our sales force. My job overall entails that I use a variety of Adobe products everyday. These include Illustrator, Photohsop, Indesign, Premiere Pro, and After Effects. I am hoping that when I finish my degree I can be more marketable in my field.




2 comments:

  1. You nailed this one Michael... I'm used to seeing each piece as an individual image but I'll take it! I appreciate the series on the left that explores the same small dot by position alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you professor. I was initially going to rearrange the second set of dots, until I saw that their progression represents to me how we might seek something out and how it can be a process that is at times confusing or intimidating. When we reach the point where it is perfect though, sometimes it can go too far and become burdensome. There are easily other ways to interpret it as well.

    ReplyDelete